Monday, April 11, 2011

Newman's Own Organics

I have been a fan of Newman's Own Organics ever since trying their "Fig Newmans" cookies a few years ago. In general, we don't buy many packaged foods but there are exceptions-especially when we're on a road trip and need portable, easy snacks. While I knew about Newman's Own Organics cookies, I had no idea that there are so many other tasty treats.
Like chocolate, for example.

When cruising the aisle of my local health food store, I can across a shelf of assorted chocolates. I had no idea that Newman's Own Organics made gourmet chocolate bars. For the record, the espresso is my favorite. Heavenly.
When a box of samples arrived on my doorstep, I was shocked. There were almost more snacks in the box than my kids had eaten in the last year! I was delighted to find various organic dried fruits. We mixed the dried fruits with some pretzels and added some seeds and dried coconut that we already had in the pantry. It made a delicious trail mix!

I rationed the chocolate bars and told the kids that they were just for Mommy. They were just too rich to share. The kids got to enjoy several different kinds of cookies though, so they didn't really mind.

One of my kids' favorite snacks was a structural engineering work of art. We used a bag of Newman's Own Organics pretzel rods to construct a log cabin, held together with peanut butter and apple slices. It was as much fun eating the log cabin as it was creating it!
Newman's Own Organics is a division of Newman's Own and Paul Newman has given over $200 million to charities since 1982. The Newman's Own Organics products are all certified organic. They have coupons available on their website too.


I received a box of samples from Newman's Own Organics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment